Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's in a name?

I chose the name "Prima Donna" many years ago, another one of those great ideas that just "popped into my head", like all the good ones do.
I love great ideas, it's like they've been stored in your mind for years, and then something inspires them to turn up.
I have done a lot of study on the power of the mind, it's one of my favourite subjects, so I love wondering why? Why do I do that, why do I feel that, and why did I choose that name?
However, I do suggest to clients (any myself) that sometimes you don't need to ask why, and just let it all be.
So back to the name, Prima Donna. The dictionary definition is, "1. a female operatic star; diva
2. Informal a temperamental person, conceited person.
I'm happy with those definitions, I can be a diva and I can be conceited, certainly temperamental.
Plus my first name is Donna, and I love my christian name as it means "woman" in italian. Thank you mum and dad.
I am into names, and what you call yourself, as it is so defining.
My name was Donna Hanks for 35 years. Then after I was married at age 35, I was then Donna Underwood.
I was happy to make the change ("take my husband's name" sounds so archaic), but it never felt right leaving Donna Hanks behind. I love people calling me Donna Hanks, or "Hanksie". A dear friend once enthused that Donna Hanks was a brand, not just my name. So true.
Now that I am blogging about finding your life's purpose, and helping people in my seminars and coaching to find the TRUE YOU, it is only fitting to call myself Donna Hanks Underwood, aka "Hanksie" and "Prima Donna".
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Don, I love it.
    I have a blog too, darling, jump on and have a look. Heard a rumour you were making a move?
    Anyway miss you, love you, Niki x

    ReplyDelete