Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fun, profit and homewares

Have you heard the saying, "I work for fun and profit?"
My new saying is, "I work for fun, profit and homewares".

I've been taking time out from "working" to decide what I really want to do,
realising that life is precious and one must do with one's precious time,
what really matters.

Being in a wonderful situation where I don't "need" to "go to work", I know I want to work on my projects, in my own time and conditions, and make a lovely profit to afford the many goodies life has to offer.

I believe you can have anything you want, and create any situation in your life, including "working" doing something you love to do that is fulfilling and on your terms. (I write "work" in inverted commas, as I work for fun, and profit as the saying goes, not work as in like a chore).

As I've written in a previous post, I haven't always worked for profit. Now I want to. I want to make it worthwhile. I want to help people with the wisdom I have acquired, as well as have the money I need for beautiful homewares, furniture, clothes, jewellery, perfumes and other luxurious goodies.

I've written a book, "Feel Good Now". This is my view on ways to make yourself feel better, and live a fulfilling life. Although I do not have a formal qualification, I have learnt by studying the power of the mind,  and other self-development methods, and of course good old-fashioned personal experience. I have coached many people and helped them, and they don't need me to have a formal qualification, if I help them. And I have. This makes me feel good. They say we teach what we most need to learn. You know how you always know what someone should do, when they tell you their problem? That's coaching. It's always easier when you're on the outside looking in, and not always that easy to fix when it's your own problem. Hence the need for coaches, and sometimes the coach is just there to listen. Sharing the load lessens the problem, sometimes even healing it completely.

Recently, I offloaded to a dear friend and she said all the right things, and made her suggestions. I decided I would talk to the person concerned with my issue, and we'd fix it. I didn't need to do this, as the problem was resolved just by talking about it to someone else. That's what I mean about the healing power of talking to others about our problems. Sometimes we have to do something and talk to the others involved, sometimes it takes care of itself when we decide we want to change it.

Back to the book I've written. One of my BFF's recently asked me what the status of my book was. I answered, "I've written it, and looking into publishing options, thanks for asking." I have had a lot of interest in my book, friends asking to buy a copy.

So....my next project is to create the e-book version first.

I have ideas for many products using my affirmations, such as decals you stick on your mirror, to remind you of your wonderful qualities: "I am beautiful", "I am lovable", etc...

I'll start with getting my message out in my book, stay tuned.

I believe a powerful way to get started on a project is to make the declaration - tell someone you are going to do it, so you'll commit and be accountable.

And I do so love those homewares, off to finish the book.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great Don, can't wait to read it.
    And you gotta love a good homewares purchase, nothing like it to make a house feel like a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nik, you're an inspiration for homemaking:-) Thank you for the furniture re-arrange, I love it. See you soon x

      Delete